Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'm stealing

I am stealing this from Jamie's blog . This just made me laugh until I cried. My husband didn't find it all that funny. He thinks I just need a nap. Maybe so, but it felt good to laugh again. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Click here

In other news. Riley's sugar this morning was 95. Yeahh!!!! It's been a while since I've seen a sugar like that.

Holden's first AAU basketball game is Friday. I'm excited. I do love the game of basketball and I especially enjoy watching Holden play it.

Duke and Gonzaga both play tonight (but not each other). So, you know where to find me tonight. In front of the TV. But, I'm going to miss the beginning of the Duke game because Holden has practice. I think Duke will win, but I'm not so sure about Gonzaga. I hope they both win. I would love to see them play each other in the final four.

Today is Holden's "re-birthday". This is the day that he became a Christian. He got a little card and a present before school this morning.

Just writing down the little tidbits as they pop in my mind. It's hard to remember that I have other things going on in my life besides D.

I'm waiting to see if my work will approve me to start working 4 days a week instead of the 3 that I work now. If they don't, I will have to find another job, which I don't want to do. I like my job, and I love the flexibility that it gives me. We need the extra money right now. I would really love to quit my job and stay home with Riley 24/7, but instead I have to work more and see him less. I'm just glad that I got the time that I did with him. When Holden was Riley's age I was working and going to school. I was blessed to be able to stay home with Riley some. I also was able to take a 3 month maternity leave with Riley. I was back in school 2 weeks after Holden was born.

Can't think of much else that's going on right now. Hope everyone has a great day.

8 comments:

prayergal said...

Went there, did that....Penny I agree with Michael, you needed a nap.

I will be praying that things work out for you concerning your hope to work more days in your present job, I hope you won't have to change jobs.

Love you~(now go take a nap) :)
Aunt Linda

Allison said...

I love that thing! Are they joking? Oh my gosh, that's sad they don't think that's funny. What's the world coming to?

A "re-birthday"? I've never heard it called that before. That's pretty cool. Mine is August 19. I will be 2 years old this year, lol.

See ya later!

prayergal said...

No, Aunt Linda wasn't joking. I found it quite addictive but not funny. The thing never stops, there is no end to it. I am an old lady, so that may be why I don't get it. But, Michael is young and very intelligent, so go figure. You might be able to guess how old this old lady is (don't you tell Penny), my re-birthday in November (my firt birthday is November as well), I will be 47. I do agree with you about what's the world coming to, but it has nothing to do with that thing, but with the world.

Shannon said...

**SPOILER ALERT**


It does end Aunt Linda!! It starts all over again. I wanted to stop pressing the button, but I couldn't. I just had to see where it took me :)

prayergal said...

Thanks Shannon for alerting an old lady, my brain isn't what it used to be and I got bored with it quickly.
Aunt Linda

Penny Ratzlaff said...

Allison,
I've never heard it called a re-birthday either, but I figure you are said to be "born again", so it could be a re-birthday.

Aunt Linda,
Thank you for the sympathy. I am very sad this morning. I watched Duke lose last night. It just broke my heart when Redick came off the court and was trying so hard not to cry.
When I went to bed last night, Gonzaga was winning, but it turns out they lost too. I can't believe I missed what was probably Adam Morrison's last college game. Even though he's a Junior, most think he will go pro next year. I don't have anyone to pull for now. I am very sad. I just hope Holden wins tonight. He will be playing the team from your hometown.

prayergal said...

I am rooting for Holden even if he is playing my hometown. He is the MAN! Tell him I said so, ok. You will find someone else to pull for next year. Shouldn't have went to bed but I know you need the rest, getting up so much checking Riley's sugars. Has that gotten better since you got the pump?

I hope Holden's team wins tonight!:)
Aunt Linda

Penny Ratzlaff said...

Holden lost to your hometown. They played two games today (against other teams). They lost the first one and won the second.

His back is starting to bother him again. I think he's going to have to go back to the Dr.